• Ron Paul believes that nations and empires inevitably end due to financial reasons.
• He believes that the U.S. should live within its means and pay down the deficit.
• Paul think that the longer the government delays the true depth of the recession, the worse it will be.
• He would give up the American empire to reduce debt without sacrifice.
• He thinks spending should be based on the Constitution. If all spending had to be justified by the Constitution our spending would be drastically reduced.
• He says we cannot afford the wars in the Middle East.
• He says that we’ve come to accept debt and we shouldn’t; we should strive to get the country out of debt and never spend more than we take in.
• He does not believe that government should bail out private enterprise nor seek to control it. Such acts have ruined our budget.
• Ron Paul supports a Balanced Budget Amendment and on-budget accounting.